Introduction to Functions
A function is a script that contains a series of commands and can be executed from Copado. These commands are executed in the Copado backend.
A function can be used in multiple scenarios. Here are some interesting use cases:
- Run tests in tools that are open source and not available as a cloud service.
- Deploy to other clouds.
- You can leverage open-source libraries to generate data, calculate the salesperson traveler problem, invoke a robot framework script, or a Salesforce CLI with many node extensions.
- You can avoid CPU limits due to large text/image/video/audio or big file processing.
- You can avoid hitting memory limits due to the parsing of big XML or JSON files.
- You can access the execution logs to troubleshoot any potential issues further.
Check out the article Functions: Usage, Considerations and Best Practices for more information about use cases.
Now that you know what a function is and the benefits functions can bring to your team, go ahead and check the article Building a Function to see how you can build a function.