Deployment Step: URL Callout
To create a new URL callout deployment follow the steps below:
- Go to the Deployments tab and create a new Advanced (multi-step) deployment.
- Give your deployment a name and select a source and a destination organization.
- Add a new step and select URL Callout as step type:
- Click on Lookup Copado Webhook to select the webhook you want Copado to execute (see our API documentation for more information about the available webhooks):
- Define the HTTP request:
- Perform callout and continue with the deployment: Copado will perform the HTTP request and if a 200 OK is returned, it will continue with the next step.
- Perform callout and pause step: Copado will perform the HTTP request. If a 200 OK is returned, it will wait for the resume deployment callback from the other system, or the step will be marked as completed manually. The callback URL to resume the deployment is available when you select this option.
- Method: The available options are GET, POST, PUT, PATCH or DELETE.
- Dynamic URL Parameters: Copado allows you to include the session Id, the organization Id and many other variables from your Copado organization, your destination organization or your deployment.
- URL: The target URL endpoint of the HTTP request.
- URL Parameters: Option to add parameters to the URL
- Headers: Click on Add Header if you are including sensitive information and want to add an extra security layer.
- Body: Option to send additional content like for example a JSON data structure:
- Once you are done, click on Save to save the deployment step.