Custom Settings Deployment
The Custom Settings step allows you to deploy the data held in custom settings' objects. Ids such as that of users, profiles and the organization Id for hierarchy custom settings are also mapped in the destination environment.
To create a new custom setting deployment follow the steps below:
- Go to the Deployments tab and create a new Advanced (multi-step) deployment.
- Give your deployment a name and select a source and a destination organization.
- Add a new step and select Custom Settings as step type:
- Click on the link refresh custom settings to load the list of custom settings objects.
- Select a custom setting object from the dropdown.
- Click on Get Custom Settings Values (the values are retrieved and listed in the multi-select picklist field).
- Select the values to deploy.
- Save the step.
If the custom settings reference values that are specific to an environment, Copado can automatically change the values of the source environment for the corresponding values in the destination environment. This is done with the Environment Variables feature.
E.g. Environment Variable:
Source Org: AdminUser = "email@example.com"
Destination Org: AdminUser = "firstname.lastname@example.org"
In the custom setting fields, any occurrences of "email@example.com" will be replaced with the value in the destination org: "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Alternatively, you can add a from suffix and a to suffix and Copado will replace the from suffix with the to suffix in the destination organization.
E.g. If you are deploying from dev1 to uat and add dev1 in the From suffix field and uat in the To suffix field, email@example.com will be replaced with firstname.lastname@example.org in the destination organization.