Summer '20 - Upgrade Instructions
Important Considerations Before Upgrading to Summer ‘20
- This is a major release. Please, read these Upgrade Instructions before upgrading and follow them carefully afterwards. Test on a sandbox first.
- If you are using the Copado_User permission set, it is not required to follow the OLS, FLS, and tab visibility upgrade instructions.
OLS, FLS for New Objects Fields and Tab Visibility
Make sure the relevant profiles and permission sets have read/write access to the following fields:
FieldSets, Visualforce Pages and Apex Classes
Make sure the relevant profiles and permission sets have access to the below Apex classes and Visualforce pages:
Copado Data Deploy
- The new relationship diagram in Copado Data Deploy is a lightning web component and requires My Domain to be enabled.
- Remove Users from Disabled Parent Objects. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Setup > Custom Metadata Types.
- Go to Data Template Setup and click on Manage Records.
- Edit Disabled Parent Objects and remove Users from the API Names field. If you cannot see this field, edit the Data Template Setup layout and add this field to the layout.
- Since you can now choose to deploy attachments or files as part of your data templates deployment, you will need to edit the templates where you had an attachment action selected and check the Attachments (Classic) radio button.
Copado Release Management
When you deploy a promotion whose destination is the last environment in your pipeline, Copado automatically calculates and displays the user stories that have been promoted to that environment and have not been back-promoted to other lower environments. If there are a lot of user stories that have not been back-promoted, an "Apex heap size too large" error may be returned when Copado performs this calculation.
To avoid this issue, Copado has included in this new version an option to disable the calculation of user stories that have not been back-promoted. To disable the calculation, follow the steps below:
- Go to Setup > Custom Metadata Types.
- Click on Manage Records next to Copado Setting.
- Click on New.
- Enter Hide Promotion US Behind Warning in the label and Hide_Promotion_US_Behind_Warning in the name.
- Select the Enabled checkbox.
- Click on Save.
As part of this release, the Apex Test Result Summary email template has been redesigned. Since email templates are not upgradable, there are some manual steps you will need to follow if you want to use the new template:
- Go to Setup > Classic Email Templates.
- Edit the Apex Test Result Summary email template and add (Deprecated) to the Email Template Name.
- Next, navigate to Setup > Workflow Rules and change the email template selected in the Email Template lookup field of the email alert to Apex Test Result Summary.The workflow rule is not preconfigured. If you haven't set it up yet, follow the steps provided in the article Apex Test Result Summary to do so.