How to Create a System Property
As explained in the System Properties article, a system property is a value that is stored in Copado and can be referenced in a function or a Salesforce Flow deployment step. These values are stored in the System Properties object.
Let’s take a look at the step-by-step process of creating a new system property:
- Navigate to the System Properties tab and click on New.
- Give your property a name.
- Provide an API name.
- Enter a value.
- If you want the value to be hidden and stored in a protected custom setting, select the Is Sensitive checkbox. The Value field will be left blank. If you disable this checkbox, the value will be displayed again.
- Select the record you want to associate the property with. You can link your property to a pipeline, a user, an environment or to other records. Take the record Id and paste it in the Parent Id field.
- Click on Save.
- Upon saving, the UID field will be automatically populated with the parent Id and the API name of the property. This field will be later referenced by Copado during the execution of the function the system property is linked to.