Data Deployment Wizard
Follow the steps below to create a data deployment using the wizard:
- Navigate to the Deployments tab and click on New.
- Select the Data Deployment record type and click on Next:
- Give your deployment a name and click on Save:
- Select a source org and click on Confirm Source. You can type the org name in the Search bar or select one org from the list of available options:
- Next, select a destination environment and click on Confirm Target to move to the next step:
- Select a data template and click on Confirm Selection. You can choose one from the list of available options or type in the name of the data template you want to deploy in the Search bar:
On this screen, you can also hover over the credentials selected as source and target to get more details or click on them to navigate to the Credential record:
If you want to change the filters in the data template or add a new filter, click on Review Filters:
You will be taken to the Confirm Data Filters screen, where you can:
- Remove existing filters.
- Add new filters by clicking on Add new parameter.
- Click on Reset Filters to go back to the original filter configuration.
- Click on Confirm Data Filters to proceed to the deployment.
These changes will be applied only to this particular deployment and won’t override the original filtering configuration in the data template.
- Finally, you will get to the Deployment Overview screen, where you can see a summary of your deployment:
- You can click on the selected data template to open it in a new tab or navigate to the data template org by clicking on the template source org name.
- If you have added a filter in a previous step, you can click on Back to return to the Confirm Data Filters page and review your filters once more before deploying.
- If you want to ensure your data is deployable before actually executing the deployment, you can click on Validate Deployment. Once the deployment has been validated, a message with the result will be displayed so that you can troubleshoot any potential issues:
- Once you are ready to deploy your changes, click on Start Deployment. You will be taken to the deployment progress screen:
If your deployment has been successful, a table with a summary of your deployment will be displayed. If you are using Copado's record matching functionality to generate a value for the external Id field, the results table will display the number of Ids that have been generated:
Otherwise, if your deployment has failed, you will get to the Deployment Failed screen where you can get more details about the error:
On this screen, you can find the Restart Deployment button. Once you have fixed the deployment error, you can click on this button to quickly restart your deployment.