Value Stream Mapping Use Case and Limits
Use Case Coverage
Copado's Value Stream Maps is designed to follow the lifecycle of any work item throughout the DevOps process. Value Stream Maps include the following use cases:
- Create process blocks and stages according to your custom business processes.
- Follow the lifecycle of any work item. This can be any standard or custom object.
- Measure the lead time, waiting time, and %C/A for any items in a process block.
- Include any custom fields to calculate your own custom metrics.
- Filter data within a Value Stream Map.
The following use cases are out of the scope of Value Stream Maps:
- Large data amounts (1 M+ event records).
- Snapshots of Value Stream Maps. For this use case, consider utilizing Analytics Snapshots to store key metrics for a point in time.
- Unlimited creation of Value Stream Maps across any object.
- Unlimited execution of recalculation on Value Stream Maps.
Limits and Recommendations
- A duplicate Value Stream Map cannot be created for the same object, record type and primary field.
- Custom metrics cannot become historical calculations, they will always be real-time.
- Value Stream Map calculation runs every hour with a batch job. The Recalculate button can trigger a recalculation to run and return updated metrics.
- Primary Field on Value Stream Map only supports picklist fields.
- Custom metrics currently only support SUM or AVG.
- Utilizing the standard Copado Status field for Value Stream Map can cause issues due to dependencies between functionalities. Avoid removing or re-labeling the following status values on the user story:
- Ready for Testing
- Record count limit, will support up to 1M event records for processing.
- Filters currently support object relationships (lookups).