Creating a Git Package
To create a Git package, follow the steps below:
- Create an empty Git repository in your Git server and initialize it.Use the same name for the Git repository both in your server and in the Package record.
- Create a Git Repository record in Copado with connection details to the previously created repository.
- Open the Packages tab, click on New to create a Package record.
- Select the Git Package record type and click on Next:
- Give your package a name and select the credential of the environment that holds the metadata.
- Select the repository created for the package and click on Save:
- Once the package has been created, open the record and click on Manage Metadata.
- From the metadata grid, select the metadata you want to include in the package.
- Click on Save.
If you are working with tags in Copado releases, your packages will be tagged accordingly.