DevOps Analytics Considerations
High Level Architecture
What Type of Data Will Be Utilized in the DevOps Analytics Managed Package?
Copado will be utilizing data from the following objects for DevOps Analytics:
User Story History
User Story Metadata
Promoted User Story
- Copado DevOps360 does not extract any PII, PHI, PCI or other personal sensitive information for Salesforce Delivery Management.
- The Copado Analytics Data Admin permission set is included in the managed package and limits the user to Copado objects only.
- Client’s users access embedded Tableau dashboards automatically authenticated via SSO / SAML.
- Client’s Salesforce org is the primary IdP (Identity Provider) for SAML user authentication.
- All connections are encrypted by default using industry-standard cryptographic protocols (TLS 1.2+).
- Data is encrypted at rest and in transit.
The installation of Copado’s DevOps Analytics package will require a professional services engagement with Copado. For more information about the steps and requirements you need to follow to get DevOps Analytics up and running in your organization, check out the article Installation Instructions for DevOps Analytics.
Field History Tracking Data
DevOps Analytics will utilize field history tracking data. Please enable field history tracking for the User Story and Sprint objects. Include the following fields:
- First Ready to Promote Time
- First Time Promoted to Production
Note: If you do not have the fields copado__Story_Points_Other__c and copado__Story_Points_SFDC__c in the user story layout, it is recommended that you add them.
- Start Date
- End Date
- Story Points
DevOps Analytics includes several permission sets depending on the level of access your users should have. Assign the right permission set to the relevant users:
- Copado Analytics Data Admin
- Copado Analytics User
**Customer is responsible for limiting the integration user permissions with the use of Salesforce profiles so that objects and fields outside of what is included in the Data Admin permission set are not exposed to the user. Any manipulation by the customer of the DevOps 360 Integration User through its profile or additive permission sets potentially introduces extraneous or sensitive information into DevOps360 data warehouse at the customer's own risk.
The User Story record type and the Bug record type include different fields and should have a different page layout:
- User Story Layout: Add the Lead Time (text), First Ready to Promote Time and First Time Promoted to Production fields to this layout.
- Bug Layout: If you don’t have a separate layout for the Bug record type already, create a new layout based on the User Story Layout and add the Elapsed Time to Resolve (text), Severity, Found in Promotion and Business Disruption Failure? fields to this layout. Do not forget to assign the profile to this new layout.
Edit the Promotion Layout and add the Caused Business Disruption? and Destination is a Production Org? fields.
Edit the Environment Layout and add the field Production Org?.
Navigate to the Environment record that corresponds to your production organization and check the Production Org? field.