How to Give Access to Copado to Non System Administrator or New Users.
During the installation of Copado, you can chose to install the app for all users or system administrators only. If you select all users, all profiles will get access to the fields, apps, Visualforce pages and Apex classes in the package. If you install it only for system administrators, only system administrator profiles will get access to the components mentioned above.
If you have installed Copado for system administrators only and now, a non system administrator user has to use the app, you need to make sure this user gets access to all the necessary components.
Please use the list below to ensure you do not miss anything when setting up non system administrator users or new users in general:
- Make sure the user has a package license assigned under Installed Packages | Copado Deployer.
- Assign the Copado User permission set to grant the user access to all the fields, Visualforce pages and Apex classes in the package.
- The Copado User permission set doesn't provide access to the Copado apps. To grant the user access to these apps, you need to use permission sets or go directly to the user profile.
- The user must have read, create and edit permission in the standard Salesforce object Push Topics. Grant these permissions directly in the profile or via permission sets
- Assign the right license under the License Manager tab.