Value Stream Map Thresholds
Thresholds is a feature included in Value Stream Maps that helps you identify where a process block may have reached a critical point and you need to take action or acknowledge a bottleneck.
For example, in your Develop stage, you can set a threshold for your Idle Time metric higher than 24 hours, when this criterion is met, a red color will be displayed over this metric within the Value Stream Map.
- Only numeric characters are currently supported in thresholds configuration.
- Custom metrics are supported with threshold configuration.
- Only the color red is currently supported if the Value Stream Map exceeds a threshold for a given stage or process block.
How to Create a Threshold Configuration
- Navigate to the Value Stream Map tab.
- On the View Page, select Configure VSM Thresholds.
- Here, you can enable/disable the threshold feature to display or hide it on the Value Stream Map. In this case, you need to enable it.
- Define the values for the thresholds that need to be configured. Set a threshold by selecting higher than or lower than operations and entering a number in the text box.
- Click on Save. Upon saving, you will see thresholds in the Value Stream Map based on what you’ve configured.