Work in Progress
Work in Progress (WIP) is a key concept of Agile development that refers to work available in your development process that has not yet been completed.
Limiting the amount of work in progress allows your team to work in a more efficient way and identify any bottlenecks or obstacles that may be preventing work from being completed and delivered.
With Copado, you can apply WIP to the Work Manager and define limits to see if you have the right amount of work items at every stage.
Let’s see how you can enable Work Manager for WIP and leverage this feature to streamline your team’s workload:
To enable WIP, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Work Manager tab.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the top left corner of the page and select Enable WIP:
- Once it is enabled, two boxes will be displayed in the top right corner of each table, where you can define minimum and maximum User Story Record Count values to ensure your team’s amount of work in progress is included within these limits:
- If the user story count is below the minimum value, the table header will turn yellow:
- If the user story count reaches the maximum value, the table header will turn red:
- If the user story count is between the interval of maximum and minimum values, then the table header will be transparent: