Changes in Metadata API v49
Copado is switching to Salesforce API version 49.
This version of the metadata API includes new attributes in the XML files, while other attributes and objects have been removed.
When Am I Impacted?
Clients who currently have:
- User stories with the metadata types described below.
- Those user stories were committed before August the 11th.
- Those user stories have not yet been deployed to production or still need to be back-promoted.
What Do I Need to Do?
Follow the steps described below in order to make your feature branch compliant with API v49:
Removed items: Use this downloadable YML file to remove the tags that are no longer available and keep your files clean.
Once the YML file contents have been included in the find and replace rule editor on the Pipeline record, the impacted user stories will need to be recommitted with the Recreate Feature Branch checkbox enabled on the User Story Commit page.
For new items, recommit the relevant components.
What If I Am Not Impacted?
As Copado has incremental deployments, if you don’t try to deploy the removed metadata items listed below, this will not impact your deployments. However, your repository will remain in API v48.
If you would like your repository to be also in API v49, check out the article How to Migrate Your Repository to a New Metadata API Version.
Here is a summary of the major changes to metadata types you need to be aware of as well as of the adjustments you need to make to avoid any possible errors and ensure everything is running smoothly.
Removed Metadata Types
As part of this update, the metadata types below have been removed. If you have any of these files in Git, execute a Destructive Changes operation in the production Git Snapshot record:
As part of this update, the items below have been removed. Use the YML provided to remove the tags and get your files cleaned:
- enableCleanUpgradeRequested has been removed from DataDotComSettings.
- headerBackgroundImg has been removed from EmbeddedServiceLiveAgent.
- privateConnection has been removed from NamedCredential.
- lockerServiceFrozenRealm has been removed from SessionSettings.
- enableWorkUseObjectivesForGoals has been removed from WorkDotComSettings.
If you want to add the new functionality included in this API version, you will need to recommit the components to ensure your files are updated. For a list of all the new components check out Salesforce’s release notes.
- componentInstances has been removed from the FlexiPageRegion. itemInstances should be used instead. To get these items updated, you need to manually add itemInstances tags in the FlexiPageRegion surrounding componentInstances, as itemInstances is now the array, and replace componentInstances with componentInstance in singular.
For more information about the changes in the FlexiPage component, take a look at this video.
- The fields startDate and userAccess included in the Prompt metadata type are now optional.
- The Team enumeration value on the FilterScope enumeration now represents only records assigned to a team. For opportunities assigned to an opportunity team, a new enumeration value, SalesTeam, has been added to FilterScope enumeration.
- The enableEmailTrackingInMobile field included in the EmailIntegrationSettings metadata type now applies to desktop, mobile, and legacy versions of Inbox:
- Use the enableEmailTrackingInMobile field included in EmailIntegrationSettings to turn off the email tracking feature in the Outlook integration with Inbox and Gmail integration with Inbox.
- The fullName field in the FlowTranslation subtype of the Translation metadata type is now optional.
- The isAudienceDefault field included in the Audience metadata type is now optional.