How to Back Promote a User Story Created in a Higher Environment
You may run into a situation where you need to back promote some changes that were applied directly in a higher environment in your pipeline.
In this scenario, we are using production as the higher environment, but this could be UAT, QA, Staging or others.
- Create the User Story and select production as the org credential.
- Commit the changes you want to back promote in the User Story and flag it as Ready to Promote.
- Go to the Promotions tab and click on New.
- Select production as the source environment.
- Select the project linked to the pipeline where you want to back promote and set the status to Completed.
- Add the User Story to the Promotion record.
- The User Story will now be available to be back promoted.