Copado Playgrounds Setup Wizard
To create a new playground and put into practice your knowledge of Copado, log in to the Success community and follow the steps of the playground wizard.
- Navigate to the Success community and select My Playgrounds from the Help & Training tab:
- You will be taken to the main playground page, where you can see the number of available playgrounds as well as the number of playgrounds that are active or in progress or that have failed:
- Click on New Playground at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Next, click on Create Playground and then on Agree to accept the terms and conditions:
- Give your playground a name (please note that blank spaces are not allowed) and select a configuration. The available options are:
- Full Configuration - Scratch Orgs: This is the default option. If you select this configuration, the wizard will create scratch orgs for the different environments and all the records (including a complete pipeline). It will also assign the required licenses. This option considerably reduces the amount of time it takes for a playground to be completed, as we don’t need to wait for Salesforce to create the sandboxes.
- Full Configuration: If you choose Full Configuration, the playground will perform the same actions as above, but it will create sandboxes instead of scratch orgs.
- Light Configuration: If you select Light Configuration, the wizard will only create the sandboxes and assign the required licenses.
Unless you have been instructed to create a light playground, choose Full Configuration - Scratch Orgs:
Click on Continue.
- Add a username (usually your email) to register for a thirty-day trial org and click on Submit:
Do not use the username of an org where Copado is installed.
- You will receive an email from Salesforce to verify your account:
- Back in the playground wizard, you will see a screen confirming the trial org has been created. Click on Continue to proceed to the next step.
- Next, click on the link Log in with Salesforce:
- Your username will be prepopulated. Enter your password and allow Copado access to your org.
- Next, click on Continue to proceed to the next step on the playground wizard:
- Now that you have connected to your trial org, the next step is to connect to your repository. Click on the GitHub icon:
- If you have already logged in to GitHub in the same browser, Copado will reuse the session. Otherwise, enter your username and password and sign in:
- Once the connection to GitHub is established, you will see the confirmation screen. Click on Continue.
Copado will now perform some actions, such as installing Copado in your trial org, provisioning licenses, spinning off some scratch orgs and creating placeholder records for later.
You will receive an email from Salesforce to reset the password of each of the scratch orgs. Once you are done, if the process has not yet been completed, you can check in the meantime the progress of your playground by logging in to the trial org and following the steps below:
- Navigate to Setup > Installed Packages and check if the Copado Deployer package has been installed.
- Go to the Account Summary tab and confirm the number of branch licenses, which should be seven.
- In the App Launcher, look for Active Scratch Orgs and check the orgs that have been created.
Once these actions are completed, all the items on the list will be checked:
- Click on Continue. Copado will ask you grant Copado access to each of the orgs.
- Once you are done granting OAuth access to all the orgs, click again on Continue:
- Copado will then finalize the creation of the playground. Click on Continue to navigate to the last screen:
- A message will be displayed to let you know that your playground is ready. Click on Enjoy:
- You will be taken to the playground overview screen where you can see your playground details, including your Git account, your production org and all your scratch orgs. You can click on Open next to each of the scratch orgs to easily open the org in a new tab.
- Once you are done with the playground setup, log in to your trial org (if you are not logged in already) and navigate to Active Scratch Orgs and confirm all the scratch orgs have been created.
- Go to the Pipeline Manager tab to see the current pipeline and confirm all the orgs are included in it:
- Finally, log in to GitHub and check if the org branches for each of the orgs exist in the repository:
Playgrounds will expire after 30 days. To delete an expired playground, go to the Expired tab and click on the trash can icon in the upper right corner of the playground.