How to Create a Compliance Rule
A compliance rule is a compilation of criteria, which are a collection of statements and the logic that is considered by Copado's scanner when a compliance scan is executed. To learn more about rule criteria and how to add them to a compliance rule, check out the article How to Add Rule Criteria to a Compliance Rule.
In order to create a compliance rule follow the steps below:
- Open Copado Compliance Hub.
- Navigate to the Compliance Rules tab and click on New:
- Select a record type:
- Fill in the Information section:
- Provide a Compliance Rule Name.
- Select the Severity.
- Select the Action.
- Abort Process: Copado will send an alert, and the process will be interrupted.
- Continue with alert: Copado will send an alert, but the process won’t be interrupted.
- Document Only: An attachment with the details will be added to the Compliance Findings related list, and no alert will be sent.
- Set to true the Active checkbox.
- Type in an error message. This message is displayed when the rule is triggered.
- Fill in the Criteria section:
- Select the Metadata Type.
- Select the Record Count Criteria.
- Select a Matching Criteria. This will be the operator between Record Count Criteria and Record Count.
- Provide the Record Count.