Importing and Exporting Data Templates
In the Data Templates article, you learned about data templates and the different sections you can find in a data template. In this article, you will learn how to import and export a data template.
Exporting a Data Template
Once you have configured your data template, all you need to do to export it is click on Export Template:
Copado automatically downloads a JSON file with your template configuration.
Importing a Data Template
If you have a data template file you would like to import into your Copado org, you can do this following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Data Templates tab and click on Import Templates:
- Click on Upload Template(s) and select the JSON file of the data template you want to import. Copado will create the corresponding data template records, and once the import process completes, a list of imported templates (parent templates and related templates) will appear.
- At the bottom of the page, you can see the Template Source Org lookup field. Select the source org for the main template as well as for all its related templates:
- If you want to activate the templates, flag the Active checkbox. Then, click on Validate.
- Next, click on Confirm Import:
You will be redirected to the Data Templates Import confirmation page. On this page, you can review and open all the data templates created during the import.
- Finally, click on Finish Import to exit this page and return to the Data Templates tab.