Git Repository Overview
A Git repository is a storage location where versions of your files can be stored. This could be a hosted location or your own Git server.
Creating a Git Repository Record
A Git Repository record in Copado stores the relationship between Copado and the version control system that you are using.
To create a Git Repository record in Copado follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Git Repositories tab.
- Click on New.
- Give your repository a name.
- Select a source format.
- Choose SSH or Https as authentication type.
- Fill in the URI field and any other fields that may be required depending on the authentication type selected in the previous step.
- Select a Git provider. Copado will populate the URL fields based on the provider selected.
- Click on Save:
Copado will automatically perform a validation of your login credentials, and you will see the result of this validation once the page has loaded.