Scratch Org Definition Details
In order to create a scratch org, a definition configuration needs to be provided. This definition configuration can be stored as a definition template, making it easier to reuse it for other scratch orgs.
Mandatory Fields for the Definition Template
- Dev Hub Org: Hub that holds the scratch org.
- Edition: The Salesforce edition of the scratch org.
- Possible values are: Developer, Enterprise, Group or Professional.
- Duration in days: You can specify the duration of a scratch org. The default value is 7.
- Org Name: Name to identify the scratch org.
- Country: This value sets the locale of the scratch org. The default country for the scratch org is the United States. If you want to override this value, select a country from the drop-down list.
- Language: The default language for the scratch org is English. To override the language select a language from the drop-down list.
- Description: The description is a good way to document the scratch org’s purpose. You can view or edit the description in the Dev Hub. From the app launcher, select Scratch Org Info or Active Scratch Orgs, then click on the scratch org number.
- Username: You can leave it empty. A scratch org creation will create a username in that case.
- Include Sample Data: False is the default value, which creates an org without sample data.
- Definition: Json editor where you can specify some add-on Features in a scratch org. You can also add Org preferences, which are settings that you can configure in the org. To learn how to create a Scratch Org Definition file, visit this Salesforce article, and to get more information on features and settings, see Scratch Org Definition Configuration Values.
- Pipeline: The flow in which you want to include your scratch org. This pipeline needs to be enabled for Copado DX and also it should be a parent of at least one DX target step.
- Pipeline DX Target Connection: This is the flow step that defines the destination org for a scratch org. Copado DX will automatically create the pipeline connection for the scratch org and assign the destination environment by using the selected target step’s source environment.