Summer '21 (v18.11) - Release Notes
- Copado has upgraded its component's API version to v52.
Static Code Analysis
- The Generate Default Ruleset button has been updated to launch a Salesforce flow, which contains a new screen with a rule visualization Lightning web component. This allows having better performance and enhanced experience based on Lightning standards. For more information, review the PMD SCA Settings article.
If you are using the Copado_User permission set, you don't need to follow the OLS, FLS, and tab visibility upgrade instructions, as this permission set is already updated by Copado with each new version. However, if you are using a cloned version of this permission set, you need to manually upgrade it.
OLS, FLS for New Object Fields and Tab Visibility
Make sure relevant profiles and permission sets have read access to the below field:
Object: User Story*
Custom Metadata Types
FieldSets, Visualforce Pages, and Apex Classes
Make sure the relevant profiles and permission sets have access to the below Apex classes and Visualforce pages. See Setting Apex Class Access from Permission Sets for elaborate steps.
Add the Platform (copado__Platform__c) field to the Promotion layout.
Lightning Record Pages
The resultStatusMonitor Lightning web component on the Result Record Page has been replaced with a new component called Result Status Container. This update is automatically reflected on the Lightning record page. However, if you are using a cloned version of this page, you need to manually update it. To do that, follow these steps:
- Navigate to an existing Result record and click on the gear icon at the top right corner. You can also go to Setup > Object Manager > Result > Lightning Record Pages.
- Click on Edit Page.
- Click on the resultStatusMonitor component at the top right corner of the canvas and then on the rubbish bin icon to remove it.
- Next, find Result Status Container on the list of components and drag and drop where the old component was located.
- Select Result Detail as context and save the changes.
Static Code Analysis Settings
As part of Static Code Analysis enhancements, the Generate Default Ruleset button in the default Lightning page Static Code Analysis Settings Record Page has been updated to launch a Salesforce flow, which contains a new screen with a rule visualization lightning web component. If you’re not using this record page as the default, you need to activate it in order to see and use all new implementations. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Static Code Analysis Settings.
- Click on Lightning Record Pages and then on Static Code Analysis Settings Record Page.
- Next, click on View.
- At the top right corner of the page, click on Activation and then on Assign as Org Default.
- Select Desktop as form factor.
- Click on Next and then on Save.
Help Text Updates
The help text in some of the Promotion object fields has been updated:
Create Full Permission Sets Step
Select this checkbox if you wish to move added permission sets to a Full Permission Sets step. Doing this will remove the permission sets from the Metadata step.
Create Full Profiles Step
Select this checkbox if you wish to move added profiles to a Full Profiles step. Doing this will remove the profiles from the Metadata step.
The destination credential that will be used when creating the deployment. This credential is auto-populated based on the pipeline linked to the project.
Exclude From Auto Resolve
Select the metadata types that you want to manually resolve when a conflict occurs while merging the feature branch into the promotion branch.
Notify When Complete
Select this checkbox if you want the promotion owner to receive an email notification when the promotion is complete.
Select this checkbox if you are promoting from a higher to a lower environment in the pipeline.
Order User Stories by
Populate this field if you want to set an ascending or descending merge order for the selected user stories in a deployment. For example, status__c asc.
Select a project linked to an active pipeline.
The source credential that will be used when creating the deployment. This credential is auto-populated based on the pipeline linked to the project.
If you want to update the help text in your org, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Promotion.
- From the Fields & Relationships section, click on each of the fields listed above.
- Click on Edit and replace the existing help text with the new help text.
- Click on Save.
- Copado no longer returns the error message “No data to display” when you view the results of a data template deployment if the name of the data template contains a special character (KI-00449).
- In the latest versions of Copado, email or chatter post notifications for manual task deployment steps were not being sent. This issue has now been fixed (KI-00460).
- The Deploy Later functionality is now working as expected and will request for the date and time to be selected. You need to upgrade to v18.11 for this fix to work (KI-00470).
- When populating the Release field under user stories or promotions, you will no longer receive any error message (KI-00461).