Changes in Metadata API v51
Copado is switching to Salesforce Metadata API version 51 on March the 16th.
This version of the Metadata API includes new attributes in the XML files, while other attributes have been deprecated or removed.
When Am I Impacted?
Clients who currently have:
- User stories with the metadata types described below.
- Those user stories were committed before March the 16th.
- Those user stories have not yet been deployed to production or still need to be back-promoted.
What Do I Need to Do?
Follow the steps described below in order to make your feature branch compliant with API v51:
- For removed items, use this downloadable YAML file to remove the tags that are no longer available and keep your files clean. Once the YAML file contents have been included in the find and replace rule editor on the Pipeline record, the impacted user stories will need to be recommitted. In order to do so, if you need to remove tags, recommit these user stories with the Recreate Feature Branch checkbox enabled on the User Story Commit page.
See the Removed Items section below for a list of all the metadata that has been removed).
- Deprecated items: Deprecated items won't cause your deployment to fail. However, these items are usually removed by Salesforce in subsequent releases, so if you want to get your repository cleaned, add them to the YAML file provided in order to get them removed.
- If you want to add the new functionality included in this API version, commit or recommit the relevant components (for new items, recreating the feature branch is not required).
What If I Am Not Impacted?
As Copado has incremental deployments, if you don’t try to deploy the removed metadata items listed below, this will not impact your deployments. However, your repository will remain in API v50.
If you would like your repository to be also in API v51, check out the article How to Migrate Your Repository to a New Metadata API Version.
Here is a summary of the major changes to metadata types you need to be aware of as well as of the adjustments you need to make to avoid any possible errors and ensure everything is running smoothly.
As part of this update, the items below have been removed. Use the YAML provided to remove the tags and get your files cleaned:
- canSubscribeDashboardWidgets, enablePowerInsights, enableSmartDataDiscovery and enableWaveTemplate have been removed from the AnalyticsSettings metadata type.
- enableEmailIntegrationEnabled has been removed from the EmailIntegrationSettings metadata type.
- enableCalcserviceEnabled and enableIndLoyaltyEnabled have been removed from the IndustriesSettings metadata type.
- enableAuraDepAccessChksCRUCPref has been removed from the LightningExperienceSettings metadata type.
- isTLSv12Required, isTLSv12RequiredCommunities, turnTLSv11Off, turnTLSv11OffSites, securityCentralKillSession and enableSetPasswordInApi have been removed from the SecuritySettings metadata type.
- enableWebruntimeBYOTemplate has been removed from the SiteSettings metadata type.
- The targetAppDeveloperName and targetAppNamespacePrefix fields on the PromptVersion subtype of the Prompt metadata type have been deprecated
If you want to add the new functionality included in this API version, you will need to recommit the components to ensure your files are updated. For a list of all the new components check out Salesforce’s release notes.