Speeding Up Your Processes with Copado
In this article you can find tips and tricks that will help you speed up some of the most common tasks in Copado, such as deployments or commits, as well as automations you can use to make your Copado implementation smoother.
- Schedule regular metadata refreshes for your org’s metadata so that whenever you commit changes, the metadata index is refreshed.Metadata refreshes are only required when you create new components and these are not yet available in the metadata grid.
- Sort by Last Modified Date in the User Story Commit page to easily identify the components you want to commit.
- Validate your release deployments ahead of time, and the day of the release simply perform a quick deploy. When performing a quick deploy, Apex tests won’t run again, thus improving deployment times.
- Running specific test classes only:
- Create production deployments with the test level set to Run Specified Tests in order to only run the Apex test classes committed on the user stories that are part of the deployment. This can significantly reduce your production deployment time.
- Use the Add Test Classes functionality to make sure you are including all the test classes in your user story in order to run specific tests. Otherwise, Salesforce will enforce run all tests, which will significantly increase your deployment time.
- Automate or schedule back promotions with Copado Continuous Delivery to keep your organizations in sync.
- If you want to get two orgs in sync, use the org differences feature first. The snapshot differences option is recommended for metadata you explicitly want to compare in detail.Please note that the Org Differences feature calculates and deploys the differences between two Salesforce orgs. However, it doesn't impact the corresponding branches in Git. If you want to get your branches updated, you can use the Snapshot Differences feature instead to compare the two orgs, and then commit the resulting differences to a user story and deploy that user story.
- When working with snapshot differences, quickly detect differences between orgs by splitting the snapshot difference calculation into different batches using the Partial Selection option. For more information about how to leverage the snapshot differences feature, check out the article Best Practices When Working with Snapshot Differences.
- Schedule record cleanup and keep your organizations tidy.
- Schedule the deletion of branches and keep your Git repositories clean.
- For advanced use cases, automate the assignment of Copado licenses to your users using the Global API.
- Every three to six months run the git gc command to clear files of components that were deleted some time ago from your repository. This will improve the repository performance.