Create a New Release
Your new product or feature is ready to go into production. This is when you create a Release. You can perform the steps explained in this topic to be able to create a new Release.
Create a Release
- Click on the Releases tab.
- Click New at the top right corner.
- Fill in the relevant fields:
- Give a name to your release.
- Select the project your release is linked to.
- Add a version so that when the promotion linked to this release is merged into the branch of the destination org, Copado tags the main branch with this version number.The version names cannot contain blank spaces else, the merge process will fail.
- Select a status.
- Set a planned date. This is the date when your release will go live.
- Click on Save.
Once you have created your release, you will see the visual page here:
Create a Feature Branch out of a Different Branch (Not Main Branch)
In the Advanced section, you can include a branch which will be used as the source branch to create feature branches. In previous Copado releases, the main branch was always taken by default. Now, it is the default branch, but it is possible to change it.
There is also a field in the release called Base Branch, where users can check the branch being used to create the feature branch.
- Add a version to your release to better track the events when new changes are delivered into production. You can have a better version control of your releases.
- If you create a new release, you can create new values which will apply (1, 1.1, 1.0.1) to your release. The Major value is selected by default.
From the Release Detail page, click on Set Version. The following page will let you select your release version:
- If the previous version is set as Status = Released, the version values will be automatically calculated to make the version assignment easier.
- If your version number has a prefix and/or suffix (e.g. "v3.43.64-SUMMER"), the following version will include the texts provided and will calculate the next number for the release: