New PMD Rules
Copado now supports PMD version 6.31. As part of this upgrade, new rules have been added to the default RuleSet:
- OverrideBothEqualsAndHashcode. The new Apex rule OverrideBothEqualsAndHashcode brings the well-known Java rule to Apex. In Apex the same principle applies: equals and hashCode should always be overridden together to ensure collection classes such as Maps and Sets work as expected.
- VfHtmlStyleTagXss. The new Visualforce rule VfHtmlStyleTagXss checks for potential XSS problems when using <style> tags on Visualforce pages.
In order to ensure the rules are updated, follow the steps below.
To add the new rule:
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Static Code Analysis Rule.
- Go to Fields & Relationships and click on Rule Name.
- Scroll down to Values and click on New to add the new rule.
- Add the new rule name as a picklist value (note that this name is case sensitive).
- Once you have added the new picklist value, go to the Static Code Analysis Setting record and create static code analysis rules for the new value added:
- Go to the Static Code Analysis Settings record.
- Navigate to the Static Code Analysis Rules related list and click on New to create a new rule:
- Select the name of the rule you have added in the Rule Name field.
- Add a priority. You can use the one defined by PMD in their documentation or define a custom priority that suits you better.
- Enter a message.
- Click on Save.
New and Deprecated Rules From Previous PMD Versions