Creating a First-Generation Package
To create a Salesforce package, follow these steps:
- Open the Packages tab and click on New to create a Package record:
Please note that you will need to assign the Package Artifact layout to the Salesforce Package record type for your user if you haven't done it yet.
- Select the Salesforce Package record type:
- Select First-Generation Package from the Package Type picklist field.
- Select the org credential of the environment that holds the metadata that will be added to the package.
- Select a target dev hub org, which is the org credential of the dev hub that will be used to create and store the package.
- Leave the Package Repository field empty.
- Click on Save.
Your record should look like this:
The next steps will vary depending the type of package you want to create.
If you are creating this record for a first-generation managed package, follow these steps:
- Open the Package record you created in the first step.
- Navigate to the Package Versions related list and click on New.
If the New button is not available, follow the steps below to add it to the layout:
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager.
- Go to the Package object and click on Page Layouts.
- Select the Package Artifact Layout and scroll down to the Package Versions related list.
- Edit the related list and add New to the Buttons section.
- Give your package version a name and add the package Id, which you can take from the URL (https://eu31.lightning.force.com/lightning/r/copado__Artifact__c/a035I000000qWG0QAM/view) to the Package Version Id and Subscriber Version Id fields.
- Click on Save:
If you are creating this record for a first-generation unmanaged package, proceed to the steps below:
- Navigate to the Package record you created in the first step.
- Click on Manage Package Content:
- From the grid, select the unmanaged package you will use for the package:
If you have not yet created the unmanaged package, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Setup.
- Select Package Manager.
- Click on New under Packages
If the package is new, click on Refresh List of Packages.
- If the package has a key, add it in the Package Key field.
- Click on Save.