Deployment Step: Manual Task
The Manual Task deployment step lets you create a reminder for the deploying user to accomplish a task manually as part of the deployment.
A manual task can be used in the following scenarios:
- To configure metadata components that are not supported by the Metadata API (e.g. account teams or calendars).
- To send a notification to a user to inform them of a successful deployment or release.
- To perform required manual steps after installing a package.
To create a Manual Task deployment, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Deployments tab to create a new Advanced (multi-step) deployment.
- Give your deployment a name and select a source and a destination organization.
- Add a new step and select Manual Task as step type:
- Optionally, add a task owner and select how you want this user to be notified, via chatter, via email or both:
- Provide a description of the task to be completed.
- When Copado reaches a Manual Task deployment step, the deployment process is stopped until the manual task is completed. The task owner will receive a notification for the task to be executed. Once the task is set to Complete, the deployment process will automatically resume: