How to Execute a Job Template
As defined in the article Introduction to Copado Job Engine, a job template is a reusable template with a list of steps that can be executed as part of different processes such as a commit, a promotion or a deployment.
Copado executes a job template every time you run any of the core Copado actions, which are:
- CommitIf you are doing a commit for Heroku or MuleSoft, Copado doesn’t execute a job template since this process is done through the CLI.
- Promotion Deploy
You can trigger these actions from multiple places, to name a few:
- By clicking on Promote on the Pipeline page.
- When you flag the Promote and Deploy checkbox on a user story.
- From a Salesforce flow using the Execute Job Template action:
- From Apex. For more information about how to execute a job template from Apex, please review the article Executing a Job Template from Apex.
If you have started a job template execution, you can easily navigate to the Job Execution record from the related list on the Job Template record and check the execution status. The live component on the right side of the page shows the real-time status for each step execution and includes a link to the corresponding Result record so that you can get more information.
If the job execution has failed, you can:
- Click on Restart Execution to execute the entire job template again.
- Click on Execute Outstanding to restart only the steps that failed in the previous execution.