Changes in Metadata API v52
Copado is switching to Salesforce Metadata API version 52 on July the 13th.
This version of the Metadata API includes new attributes in the XML files, while other attributes have been deprecated or removed.
When Am I Impacted?
Clients who currently have:
- User stories with the metadata types described below.
- Those user stories were committed before July the 13th.
- Those user stories have not yet been deployed to production or still need to be back-promoted.
What Do I Need to Do?
Follow the steps described below in order to make your feature branch compliant with API v52:
- For removed items, use this downloadable YAML file to remove the tags that are no longer available and keep your files clean. Once the YAML file contents have been included in the find and replace rule editor on the Pipeline record, the impacted user stories will need to be recommitted. In order to do so, if you need to remove tags, recommit these user stories with the Recreate Feature Branch checkbox enabled on the User Story Commit page.
See the Removed Items section below for a list of all the metadata that has been removed).
- Deprecated items: Deprecated items won't cause your deployment to fail. However, these items are usually removed by Salesforce in subsequent releases, so if you want to get your repository cleaned, add them to the YAML file provided in order to get them removed.
- If you want to add the new functionality included in this API version, commit or recommit the relevant components (for new items, recreating the feature branch is not required).
What If I Am Not Impacted?
As Copado has incremental deployments, if you don’t try to deploy the removed metadata items listed below, this will not impact your deployments. However, your repository will remain in API v51.
If you would like your repository to be also in API v52, check out the article How to Migrate Your Repository to a New Metadata API Version.
Here is a summary of the major changes to metadata types you need to be aware of, as well as of the adjustments you need to make to avoid any possible errors and ensure everything is running smoothly.
As part of this update, the items below have been removed. Use the YAML provided to remove the tags and get your files cleaned:
- enableApexTestReqViewSetup and enableAsyncRequiresViewSetup have been removed from the ApexSettings metadata type.
- enableFunctionsDevelopmentPref has been removed from the DevHubSettings metadata type.
- essentialsAppEnabled has been removed from the EssentialsSettings metadata type.
- enableAuraDepAccessChksCRUCPref and enableSplitViewOnStandard have been removed from the LightningExperienceSettings metadata type.
- enableExtendedMailMerge and saveMailMergeDocsAsSalesforceDocs have been removed from the OrgSettings metadata type.
- securityCentralKillSession has been removed from the SessionSettings metadata type.
- cspUpgradeInsecureRequests and requireHttps have been removed from the CustomSite metadata type.
As part of this update, the metadata types below have been removed. If you have any of these files in Git, execute a Destructive Changes operation in the production Git Snapshot record:
As part of this update, the below items have also been removed. Recommit the following metadata types to keep your files clean:
- parentRule has been removed from the BriefcaseRule metadata type.
- APEXCALLOUT_OUTPUT_NOT_FOUND has been removed from the ExtendedErrorCode metadata type.
- steppedStages has been removed from the Flow metadata type. In case you have a flow that includes this, recommit the Flow metadata type to get it updated.
- AppProcess has been removed from FlowProcessType. In case you have a flow with that type, recommit FlowProcessType to get it updated.
- enableIndustriesMfgRebates has been removed from the IndustriesManufacturingSettings metadata type.
- iasCreateReservation, iasFulfillment, iasGetAvailability, iasReleaseReservation and iasTransferReservation have been removed from the InvocableActionType metadata type.
- externalName has been removed from the MktDataLakeAttributes metadata type.
As part of this update, the items below have been deprecated. Use the YAML provided to remove the tags and get your files cleaned:
- The enableVisualforceApiAccessAllowed field on the SiteSettings metadata type is deprecated.
- The enableReportCrtAutoAddPref field on the AnalyticsSettings metadata type is deprecated.
If you want to add the new functionality included in this API version, you will need to recommit the components to ensure your files are updated. For a list of all the new components check out Salesforce’s release notes.