Introduction to Copado Playgrounds
Copado Playgrounds is a feature within our Success community that allows you to automatically create a complete Copado setup with all the related configurations, including Git repositories and sandboxes.
A playground is a Salesforce trial org with Copado installed and configured to orchestrate a simulated production release flow built out of sandboxes that are automatically created out of your trial org.
The playground is created by following a setup wizard. The setup wizard will essentially do the following:
- Spin up a fresh Copado trial org with the ability to create child sandboxes. Copado trial orgs are valid for 30 days from the date they are created.
- Connect to Git.
- Install Copado in this fresh trial environment and assign some licenses.
- Spin up some trial sandboxes
- Create a sample base setup of Copado that includes Git snapshots and pipelines.
Manual tasks are reduced to providing names for your playground, your trial org username, credentials for your Git repository and authenticating orgs.
The result is a setup with six Salesforce orgs that include a Copado implementation, a connection to Git with all the required records and preset branches. The orgs are the following:
- Copado (the trial org where Copado is installed).
As you can see, this is a great way to create an independent training environment for Copado.
In order to work with playgrounds, you will need a Git repository.
At the moment, only GitHub is supported, so you will need a GitHub account. If you don’t have one yet, sign up for a free GitHub account.
For a step-by-step process on how to setup a playground following the wizard, take a look at the article Copado Playground Setup Wizard.