Deployment Step: Function
A deployment step is an action that is executed by Copado during a deployment. With Copado, you can perform a wide variety of tasks as part of your deployments, from executing a Salesforce flow or a Copado webhook to deploying data or running a function, among other things.
In this article, we will show you how to create a Function deployment step. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Deployments tab and click on New to create a new deployment.
- Select Advanced (multi-step) as the record type. Alternatively, if you want to reuse the function in other deployments, you can include your Function step in an automation template, in which case you must select the Automation Template record type.
- Give your deployment a name and select a source credential.
- Add a destination org.
- Next, click on Add Step and select Function in the Type drop-down menu.
- Select a function. You will see that all the parameters included in your function will be displayed in the step:
- Click on Save.
- Add other steps if desired and click on Deploy to launch the deployment.