Error: Insufficient access on cross reference entity
You might receive this error in the following situations:
- When refreshing the metadata index when you commit files in a user story.
- When refreshing the metadata index in an org credential.
- When committing files in a user story.
This happens when you don’t own and don’t have write access to the org credential that is being used to perform the operations above.
Please note that having permissions to edit the Org Credential object won’t be enough if you are not the owner of the Org Credential record. The Org Credential object is set as private in the Sharing Settings, which means that only the owner of the record can view and edit it. This is standard Salesforce functionality.
The Git Snapshot object, for instance, is a child object of the org credential and, therefore, access to Git Snapshot records will depend on access to the parent record. If you are working with Copado, you will require, at some point, view and edit access to a specific org credential in order to get access to its child records.
If you don’t have your own org credentials in the org, you need to make sure you have write access to the org credential you are using. You can get access to the org credential by means of any of these options:
- The Share button in the Org Credential record.
- Sharing rules for the Org Credential object.
- Modify All permission for the Org Credential object in the profile or a permission set.