Winter '21 (v17.4) - Release Notes
This is a minor release of Winter ‘21 that includes the following enhancements and fixes.
Copado Continuous Delivery
- An advanced filtering criteria for automated & scheduled promotions and back-promotions has been introduced to prevent user stories that still have not been approved or tested from being promoted or back-promoted. There are two new fields in the Connection Behaviour object, Promotion Criteria and Back-Promotion Criteria, where you can define the filtering criteria. For more information about this feature, check the Pipeline Configuration article.
- There are two new checkboxes on the Connection Behavior object: Execute promotions in parallel and Execute back-promotions in parallel. When creating the URL Callout steps resulting from the scheduled promotion or back-promotion, if these checkboxes are selected, Copado will set the steps to Perform callout and continue with deployment and will continue to deploy other callout steps if one of them fails. If the checkboxes are not selected, the URL Callout steps will be set to Perform callout and pause Step, and Copado won’t trigger the deployment of subsequent steps if one of them fails.
Copado Data Deploy
- When a Data Template deployment step completes with warnings, an email with "Completed with Warnings'' status will be sent. From there, you can click on the View Deployment Result button that will open the Deployment page where you can see the warnings by clicking on the yellow flag.
- A new Open Org button has been added to the User Story layout. With this, you can quickly navigate and login to the corresponding source org of the User Story.
- After a commit is done, you can now check the metadata that was committed as Retrieve Only in the User Story Selections grid.
- The Snapshot Difference feature now supports files. This way, your snapshot difference will no longer fail due to an attachment size limitation.
- There is a new checkbox named Disable Re-Create Feature Branch in US that allows you to disable the option to recreate the feature branch for certain users. If you don’t want users to be able to recreate the feature branch when re-committing on a user story, you can enable this checkbox. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Setup > Custom Settings.
- Click on Manage next to Personal Settings.
- Click on Edit next to the name of the user or profile you want to edit the settings for.
- Select the Disable Re-Create Feature Branch in US checkbox and click on Save:
- A Result record is now created automatically when a Salesforce Flow deployment step is executed. This result record can be found in the Last Result lookup field in the deployment job. If the deployment is re-executed a brand new Result record will be generated. To navigate to this record, simply click on the flag icon and then on View results. For more information about this, check out the article Deployment Step: Salesforce Flow.
- Significant refactors and architectural changes have been made to automation templates. Now, you are able to see the list of steps in the related list view and you can create and edit steps in modal.
- Copado has introduced an enhancement in automation templates that enables you to import, export and clone templates:
- Import: From the Deployments tab select the All list view and then click on the Import Templates button to import the json file of an automation template you previously exported or that has been shared with you. This action will import the template with all the steps configuration so that you can reuse it in other Copado Orgs.
- Export: There’s a new button in automation templates named Export Template. When you click on it a json file is generated with all the steps configurations. You can view this file, download it, share it, and create a public link. This file is also saved in the attachments section in the related list of the Automation Templates.
- Clone: There’s a new Clone Template button in automation templates. The cloned template will include all the child step records. The names of these records will be exactly the same as the original ones. This eliminates the need of recreating automation templates manually.
Also, a new quick action has been introduced in automation templates: Execute Template. With this, you can execute automation templates on-demand, so that you can test and run your automations anytime.
In order to leverage the new Import and Execute Template features, the Salesforce org must have the Enable Lightning runtime for flows checkbox flagged in Setup -> Process Automation Settings. Additionally, in order to be able to execute a template, your need either of these two options:
- The Flow User checkbox selected in your user.
- The Run Flows permission at permission set or profile level.
For more information about these new features, check the Automation Templates article.
If you are using the Copado_User permission set, you don't need to follow the OLS, FLS, and tab visibility upgrade instructions, as this permission set is already updated by Copado with each new version. However, if you are using a cloned version of this permission set, you need to manually upgrade it.
OLS, FLS for New Object Fields and Tab Visibility
Make sure the relevant profiles and permission sets have read and write access to the following field:
Execute promotions in parallel
Execute back-promotions in parallel
- Add the Open Org button to the User Story Layout, Bug Layout v.17 and User Story Layout v.17. To add this new button:
- Classic users: use the Buttons option.
- Lightning users: use the Mobile & Lightning Actions option.
- Add the Export Template, Execute Template and Clone Template buttons to the Automation Template Layout.
Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic
- Add the Import Template button to the List View Layout.
- Now, you are able to run static code analysis on aura definition bundle components from a user story with CodeScan (KI-00311).
- When creating a validation deployment with post-deployment manual tasks included on it, the promotion status was being updated to Completed and the environment on the user story was being replaced by the destination environment of the deployment, although nothing was being deployed, since it was a validation deployment. This issue has now been fixed and the promotion and the user story reflect the correct information (KI-00305).
- The conflict resolution page no longer shows duplicate conflict files for the same component (KI-00321).
- The apply_env_vars and apply_find_replace parameters in the Take a Git Snapshot webhook are no longer disregarded during the job execution when you schedule a job for Git snapshots.
- Formula fields can now be selected in the Main Object Filter dropdown and in the Record Matching Formula Dropdown.