Changes in Metadata API v50
Copado is switching to Salesforce API version 50 on November the 10th.
This version of the metadata API includes new attributes in the XML files, while other attributes and objects have been removed.
When Am I Impacted?
Clients who currently have:
- User stories with the metadata types described below.
- Those user stories were committed before November the 10th.
- Those user stories have not yet been deployed to production or still need to be back-promoted.
What Do I Need to Do?
Follow the steps described below in order to make your feature branch compliant with API v50:
- For removed items, use this downloadable YML file to remove the tags that are no longer available and keep your files clean. Once the YML file contents have been included on the find and replace rule editor in the Pipeline record, the impacted user stories will need to be recommitted. In order to do so if you need to remove tags, recommit these user stories with the Recreate Feature Branch checkbox enabled on the User Story Commit page.
See the Removed Items section below for a list of all the metadata that has been removed).
- If you want to add the new functionality included in this API version, commit or recommit the relevant components (for new items, recreating the feature branch is not required).
What If I Am Not Impacted?
As Copado has incremental deployments, if you don’t try to deploy the removed metadata items listed below, this will not impact your deployments. However, your repository will remain in API v49.
If you would like your repository to be also in API v50, check out the article How to Migrate Your Repository to a New Metadata API Version.
Here is a summary of the major changes to metadata types you need to be aware of as well as of the adjustments you need to make to avoid any possible errors and ensure everything is running smoothly.
As part of this update, the items below have been removed. Use the YML provided to remove the tags and get your files cleaned:
- canEnableLiveMetrics, canSubscribeDashboardWidgets, enableDataBlending, inheritSharingForNonOpptyObjects, inheritSharingForOpptyObject and enableSubscriptionAttachmentPref have been removed from the AnalyticsSettings metadata type.
- requireInsecurePortalAccess and rootComponent have been removed from the CustomSite metadata type.
- enableDynamicForms has been removed from the RecordPageSettings metadata type.
- n has been removed from BriefcaseFilterOperator.
- Briefcase has been removed from BriefcaseRule.
- enableReleaseManagementHub has been removed from the DevHubSettings metadata type.
- enableSetMatchingEmailsOnBounce has been removed from the EmailAdministrationSettings metadata type.
- enableInvocableFlowFixEnabled has been removed from the FlowSettings metadata type.
- fieldMap and interface have been removed from the EntityImplements metadata type.
- Recommendation has been removed from ExternalDataSourceType.
- enableEnhancedExternalServices has been removed from ExternalServicesSettings.
- calculateRebate, decisionStudioAction and isotopeNotification have been removed from InvocableActionType.
- isProtected has been removed from PaymentGatewayProvider.
If you want to add the new functionality included in this API version, you will need to recommit the components to ensure your files are updated. For a list of all the new components check out Salesforce’s release notes.
- DecisionStudio has been removed from FlowProcessType. In case you have a flow with that type, recommit FlowProcessType to get it updated.