Deployment Step: Data Template
To deploy a data template, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Deployments tab and click on New to create a new deployment.
- From the available record types, select Advanced (multi-step):
- Give your deployment a name, select a source org and click on Save:
- You will be redirected to the classic deployment page. Add a destination environment for your deployment.
- Next, click on Add Step and select Data Template.
- From the Select Data Source picklist, select Environment based on Data Template if you want to deploy data from a data template or Data Set if you want to deploy a data set.
- Next, select a data template or data set, depending on your choice in the previous step:
- Click on Save to save the step.
- If you want to change the filters in the data template or add a new filter, click on the pencil icon next to Template Filter. You will be taken to the Confirm Data Filters screen, where you can:
- Remove existing filters.
- Add new filters by clicking on Add new parameter.
- Click on Reset Filters to go back to the original filter configuration.
These changes will be applied only to this particular deployment step and won’t override the original filtering configuration in the data template.
- If you want to validate your step and ensure your data is deployable before actually executing the deployment, click on Validate. Once the deployment has been validated, a message with the result will be displayed so that you can troubleshoot any potential issues:
- Add other steps if desired and submit the deployment. Once the deployment is completed, click on View results in the Result screen to review the deployment errors if any: