Deployment Step: Data Template
To deploy a data template, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Deployments tab and click on New to create a new deployment.
- From the available record types, select Advanced (multi-step):
- Give your deployment a name, select a source org and click on Save:
- You will be redirected to the classic deployment page. Add a destination environment for your deployment.
- Next, click on Add Step and select Data Template.
- From the Select Data Source picklist, select Environment based on Data Template if you want to deploy data from a data template or Data Set if you want to deploy a data set.
- Next, select a data template or data set, depending on your choice in the previous step:
- Click on Save to save the step.
- If you want to validate your step and ensure your data is deployable before actually executing the deployment, click on Validate. Once the deployment has been validated, a message with the result will be displayed so that you can troubleshoot any potential issues:
- Add other steps if desired and submit the deployment. Once the deployment is completed, click on View results in the Result screen to review the deployment errors if any: