Winter '21 (v17.8) - Release Notes
This is a minor release of Winter ‘21 that includes the following enhancements and fixes.
- Copado has released a new feature called Functions that enables you to execute multiple tasks as part of your DevOps process. A function is basically a script that contains a series of commands that can run different tasks. For more information about this feature, check out the Functions section on our documentation site. Please note that this feature is a pilot project. If you want to join the pilot project, sign up here.
A new permission set has been created to work with functions: Copado Functions. If you are going to use this feature, please assign this permission set to the relevant users.
Copado Continuous Delivery
- The Manual Task deployment step resulting from a Manual Approval automation now includes the name of the automation in the description to provide more information about the task that needs to be performed.
Copado Data Deploy
- Copado has introduced a new feature called Data Sets that enables you to take a snapshot of the data stored in a certain environment and save it for use in the future or to deploy it to other environments in your pipeline. For more information about it, check out the Data Sets article.
- New Validate Deployment button on the data deployment wizard that allows you to validate your changes before actually executing the deployment. If any of the objects or fields you are deploying do not exist in the destination environment or the deploying user doesn’t have access to them, an error message will be displayed so that you can fix these issues.
- The Data Template deployment step has been enhanced to support data sets. A Validate button has also been added which enables you to validate the step before actually executing the deployment.
- Enhancement in the result summary table for data deployments. Searchable filters have been removed from number columns.
- Copado now supports committing Vlocity components through the Copado CLI.
- If you have a Copado User license, you’re now able to flag, in a Deployment record, the checkbox Attach Deployment File to export the deployment's zip file.
- There is a new checkbox in the Deployment object named Attach Deployment File. You can flag this checkbox from the deployment detail section when creating a manual deployment from a promotion. This will check the deployment's Attach Deployment File checkbox automatically. When you select this checkbox, Copado automatically generates the zip file that contains the logs with the deployment results:
- Significant refactors have been made to the commit page to make it faster, more dynamic, and easier to navigate:
- When accessing the User Story Commit page or Git Snapshot Commit page the metadata grid automatically displays to its maximum length based on the screen resolution. The expand button has been removed from these metadata grids.
- The twisted arrow used to refresh the grid has been replaced with a button called Refresh All Metadata and at the bottom of the page, you will be able to see the grid's last refresh date.
- There’s a new button named Refresh Recent Changes that retrieves the components modified in the source org of the user story since the last org credential refresh date. This makes the grid load faster since it’s no longer a full refresh, but a partial one. Also, this type of refresh will be done automatically when loading the page.
This button is available only when the source org is a developer or developer pro sandbox, or a scratch org, and when source tracking is enabled in the production org. To enable it:
- Go to Setup --> Dev Hub → Select Enable Source Tracking in Developer and Developer Pro Sandboxes.
- Refresh the sandbox after enabling this feature.
- There’s a new button called Auto-Select Changes that automatically selects in the grid all modified components based on the option selected from the drop-down list:
- Done Today: automatically select the grid components whose last modified date is today.
- Done Since Yesterday: automatically select the grid components whose last modified date is greater than or equal to yesterday.
- Done Since Last Commit Date: the behavior will depend on the following scenarios:
- There are commits on the user story: Copado will automatically select the grid components whose last modified date is greater than or equal to the last valid commit in the user story.
- There are no commits on the user story (first commit about to happen): Copado will automatically select the grid components whose last modified date is greater than or equal to the last valid commit performed by the org credential in the source environment of the user story.
- There are no commits on the user story or the related org credential: Nothing is selected and the following error message is displayed: "There is nothing to select at the moment. There should be at least one commit present in the User Story or in the related Org Credential".
- Get Vlocity Dependencies: this field has been removed from the metadata grid page and is now part of this button. Its function remains the same. For more information about it, please review the Vlocity Integration article.
For more information about these enhancements, please check the Metadata Grid article, since there are some limitations that you need to take into consideration.
- If you are working with Functions, assign the relevant users the Copado_Functions permission set.
- If you are using the Copado_User permission set, you don't need to follow the OLS, FLS, and tab visibility upgrade instructions, as this permission set is already updated by Copado with each new version. However, if you are using a cloned version of this permission set, you need to manually upgrade it.
OLS, FLS for New Object Fields and Tab Visibility
Make sure the relevant profiles and permission sets have read and write access to the following objects and fields:
Attach Deployment File
copado__Git_Repository__c (read-only access)
copado__Git_Repository__c (read-only access)
*All these fields require read-only access.
Copado Data Deploy
Data Source Environment
FIle Execution Status
copado__Execution_Status__c (read-only access)
Last Generated Date
FieldSets, Visualforce Pages, and Apex Classes
Make sure the relevant profiles and permission sets have access to the below Apex classes and Visualforce pages:
Add the fields, buttons and related lists to the required layouts:
Add the following fields to the Result layout:
- Function (copado__Function__c)
- ParentId (copado__ParentId__c)
- Progress Status (copado__Progress_Status__c)
- Result Data (copado__Result_Data__c)
- Timeout (copado__Timeout__c
In order for the Function Results chart to be displayed on the Function record, follow these steps:
- Navigate to an existing Function record.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner and then, on Edit Page:
- Click on the Function Results section and set the Filter By field to Function ID:
- Save the changes and click on Activate.
- Next, click on Assign as Org Default.
- Select the place where you want to make this page available (desktop/phone) and click on Next.
- Lastly, click on Save.
New Installations of Copado
If you're installing Copado for the first time using this version (not upgrading), you need to:
- Change the Org Credential Sharing Settings to Private:
- Navigate to Setup > Sharing Settings > Edit.
- Select the Org Credential object > Change the Default Internal Setting from Public Read/Write to Private.
- When selecting a manual task as the second step in a multi-step deployment, the chatter and/or email notification is now sent to the owner of the task (KI-00308).
- The arrows on the online conflict resolution panel are now displaying correctly (KI-00349).
- When you promote a user story and then manually move it to a lower environment, Copado no longer updates the Status field on the Promoted User Story record for all promotions, only the Promoted User Story record related to the relevant promotion is updated (KI-00368).
- Copado no longer changes the record type of user stories to Bug if the user that is editing the sprint wall doesn’t have access to all record types (KI-00388).