Version 12 - Release Notes
- Snapshot Differences are now available in JSON or YAML format (instead of XML), thus reducing both the calculation time and the attachment file's size. Please refer to the article How to Create a Snapshot Difference for more information.
- It is now possible to export Org Differences and Snapshot Differences in CSV format, making it easier to review differences.
- The Metadata Selections tab has been renamed All Metadata in every place where there is a metadata grid.
- You can now change the order in which user stories are merged in the promotion branch and define your own order criteria. Please refer to the article Override User Story Promotion Merge Order for more information.
- To prevent inputting the wrong branches, deleted branches or typos and errors, you can now retrieve all branch names as a list from your repository and select them, rather than typing branch names manually. If you want to know more about this, please check out the article Select Branch.
- You can now commit changes in a user story from the Snapshot Differences page instead of creating a deployment. For more information, please visit the article Commit Changes on the Snapshot Differences Page.
- The Refresh Cache link label in the metadata grid has changed to Refresh Metadata Index in order to make it more intuitive.
- The Create Snapshot Now button label has changed to Take Snapshot Now.
User Story Enhancements
- The capability of auto-selecting test classes of committed classes to increase the Apex code coverage during deployment is now available. Please refer to the article User Story - Auto Select Test Classes for more information.
- You can now show and hide Git Operations to control the operations users can perform while using Commit Changes. For more information, please check out the article Restricting Git Operations.
- The User Story page has been converted from a VisualForce page to a Salesforce standard layout for better performance and includes new custom buttons that improves the user experience and efficiency.
Branch Management Page Enhancements
- The default Branch Management functionality can now be based on user stories. This will result in a faster calculation and more focus on deployment of pending work. Please check the article Calculation Base for the Release Management Page to learn more.
- Two new tabs are now available to track related Selenium Test Groups and Compliance Scan Results. For more information, please refer to the article Tabs on Pipeline Modal.
- You can now specify the tabs displayed in the deployment step modal.
- You can now see environment variables via the Show Environment Variables sidebar button without leaving the Copado Branch Management page. Please refer to the article Show Environment Variables on the Pipeline Manager Page for more information.
- The promotion page has been redesigned to improve the performance and provide an enhanced look and feel. You can also exclude tabs you do not want to visualize in your promotion page.
- The Manage Branches button has changed to Manage Releases.
- The Manage Branches link has changed to Release Management Page.
There is a new integration with TeamCity that you can select when creating an External CI Job. For more information, check out the article TeamCity Integration.
- Support for Unlocked Packages. Customers can now benefit from a new way to organize and deploy the metadata with package development. Please check the article Unlocked Packages Overview to know more.
- Support for Second-Generation Packages. This feature enables system integrators to create packages in a source-driven development environment. Please refer to Second-Generation Packages (Salesforce Beta).
- Support for Artifact Dependencies. You can now develop and maintain a set of interdependent packages with the flexibility to promote them separately in a modular way. See article Artifact Dependencies for more information.
- Support for Dependencies API. You can review and select the dependency relationships between the metadata components in your org. Please refer to the article Metadata Dependency (Salesforce Beta).
Quality and Compliance
- You can now integrate CodeScan with Copado. Please check out the article CodeScan Integration for more information.
- Agile Dashboards. New out of the box dashboards available for users to better monitor their Agile Activity in Copado.
- New friendly UI.
- There is a new query editor with brand new features such as fancy cards for any object, colors for those cards, additional filtering options, user image, summary information and more. Please visit the article Kanban Board Set Up in order to know more.
Sprint Wall Enhancements
- More visualization options available in the Sprint Wall page to enjoy different views of your sprint's work. Please see the article Sprint Wall for more information.
- Burndown Chart has been added to the Sprint Wall page, which allows you to see the completed work per day against the expected value. You can also schedule a burndown chart calculation, please refer to the article How to Schedule a Burndown Chart Calculation for more information.
- Complete Sprint has been added to the Sprint Wall page, which allows you to complete a sprint by moving incomplete user stories to backlog, or moving user stories to the next sprint by splitting them into two user stories to check the completed part for each sprint.
- Kanban Board has been added to the Sprint Wall page, which allows you to see user stories in a Kanban view.
- New look and feel of the Work Manager page.
- New Work Manager advanced filters. You can now assign max and min number of items present in each status columns. Please refer to the article Work Manager WIP (Work in Progress) Enhancement for more information.