Kanban Board Setup
How to Set Up a Kanban Board
- Open Copado Change Management’s application and navigate to the Kanban Boards tab.
- Click on New.
- Select an object for your Kanban board. All standard and custom objects are listed in the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the View Name and Description fields.
- Select fields you would like to display. All standard and custom fields of the selected object will be listed in this multi-select drop-down field. You can select as many fields as you want.
- Specify the filter criteria. Only filterable fields are listed in the drop-down list.
- Once you select a field, choose an operator and add a value. By default, the filter logic is set to AND, however you can define your own filter logic such as; “1 AND (2 OR 3)”.
You can specify additional criteria for your Kanban board.
- Use Order by in a Select statement to control the order of the query's results. Only sortable fields are listed in this dropdown list.
- You can also specify whether you want the results to be ordered in ascending (ASC) or descending (DESC) order. The default order is ascending.
- You can order null records at the beginning (NULLS FIRST) or end (NULLS LAST) of the result. By default, null values are sorted first. The default limit is 200.
- Select a field to read/update. This will be used to determine in which column a record is going to appear. This field can be any picklist or lookup field and will be the one updated when dragging and dropping a record in the Kanban board.
- Define the field you want to see in the header of the Kanban card.
- You can also define the field(s) you want to see in the footer of the Kanban card. You can select a maximum of two fields for the footer.
- Select a field to show as user image. Only user lookup fields are listed in this dropdown list.
- Define the field to adjust the color of Kanban cards.
- Define the field to summarize records by using (Min, Max, Sum and Average) operators. You can add/remove rows as you wish.
- Click on Create Query and Validate.
- Click on Create Kanban once the query has been validated.
For more information about the different actions you can perform in a Kanban board, check out the article Kanban Board Quick Actions.
If you want to take a look at the Kanban board in earlier versions of Copado, check out the article Kanban Boards (Old UI).