Blocked Branches and Queue Jobs
We are aware of how difficult it is sometimes to work with branches and avoid conflicts when many users attempt to commit or promote to the same branch at the same time. If you are trying to carry out an action in a branch at the same time as another user, Copado will display a warning message to notify you and avoid any further conflicts:
These warning messages will appear within several pages in order to let you decide what to do to avoid any unwanted situations when several users try to apply changes to the same branch simultaneously.
The pages where this warning message can be displayed are the following:
- Git Snapshot: When creating a snapshot of a branch which is currently being updated.
- Git Commit: When you click on this button within the user story page and you are trying to commit to a branch.
- Branch Management: For all the branches where potential conflict actions are currently being run. This option is no longer relevant if your pipeline is based on user stories (as of v12).
- User Story: If the next promotable branch is currently being updated.
- Promotion: If the next promotable branch is currently being updated.
- Deployment: If the next promotable branch is currently being updated.