Winter '20 - Release Notes
Advanced Data Deploy
- This enhanced data deployment functionality enables you to easily deploy a complex data set to a destination Salesforce org with a straightforward tool and little technical knowledge. This feature includes:
Copado Continuous Delivery
- There is a new feature named Copado Continuous Delivery that enables you to easily deliver changes to production while ensuring all your changes go through the required quality gates. This new feature includes:
- A redesigned Pipeline page where you can, among other things, monitor the progress of deployments, filter the environments you want to display and check whether deployments have been successful or not. For more information, check out the Pipeline Page article.
- A Pipeline Configuration page where you can view and manage the environments and their connections, and manage connection behaviors to automate deployments and quality gates. For more information, take a look at the Pipeline Configuration article.
Copado Command Line Interface
- New Command Line Interface that allows you to execute Copado-related tasks from an IDE/Terminal and leverage Git and Salesforce commands, Agile tools, such as JIRA, and user story automation, among other things. Navigate to the Copado CLI Overview article to learn more.
Branch Management Enhancements
- New deployment wizard:
- Create a metadata deployment in a point-and-click process or multiple types of deployment steps.
- Deploy from a source org or select a Git commit.
- Compare the metadata in the source and destination orgs and review the differences before deploying.
- Enhanced merge conflict resolution panel. For more information, check out the article Merge Conflict Resolution Panel.
- Enhancement of the Data deployment step. For more information, check out the article Data Step Enhancements.
- New filtering options have been added to the metadata grid in the commit page. Check out the article Metadata Grid for more information.
Copado Core Enhancements
- A new picklist field named Format has been added to the Snapshot Difference page with the following values:
- Copado now supports the Salesforce DX source format. For more information about this feature, check out the articles Git Repository in DX Format and How to Migrate to DX Format.
- Git Artifact has been renamed Git Package.
- Package Artifact has been renamed Salesforce Package.
- The Promote Change checkbox has been renamed Ready to Promote.