How to Add Users to Your Repository
To add users to the repository you need to be a Site Administrator or a Repository Administrator.
- Navigate to the repository where you want to add users.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Collaborators.
- Add collaborators searching by their usernames.
- If the repository is owned by an organization, you’ll see a section to add Teams as well.
- Once you add a collaborator, you can specify their level of access to the repository:
- Administrator: Grants access to all the repository operations and settings except the danger zone (transfer repository ownership, delete wiki data, delete repository, archive repository).
- Write: Grants access to write repository code. Please note that this doesn't provide access to the repository settings.
- Read: Grants read-only access to the repository code. Please note that this doesn't provide access to the repository settings.
The team’s access level to a repository is set on the Team’s Setting page and cannot be changed per repository. For more information, check the How to create a Team