Copado Data Deploy Use Case and Limits
Use Case Coverage
Copado Data Deploy is designed to cover data deployments in the DevOps lifecycle. This includes the following use cases:
- Deploy configuration records (e.g. CPQ, nCino, CloudSense, etc) with complex relationships between objects.
- Deploy test data sets to new sandboxes.
The following use cases are out of the scope of the Copado Data Deploy:
- Large data migrations. For this use case, consider ETL tools, such as Jitterbit.
- Data backups with emergency recovery. For this use case, consider data backup tools, such as OwnBackup.
- Unlimited creation of data template records.
- Unlimited execution of data template deployments*.
- Unlimited re-execution of data template deployments*.
*Subject to a fair usage policy.
Limits and Recommendations
- A data template deployment with one main object and no related objects can deploy up to 40,000 records.
- A data template deployment with one main object and many related objects can deploy up to 8,000 records of all the related objects:
- If this limit is being reached, you can split your deployment in different deployment steps until you migrate all the necessary records.
- Query filters are only applied to the main template selected for deployment. Filters do not apply to the selected child object templates:
- For example, if there is one record of the main template being deployed, then all the child object records associated with this one record will also be deployed. Any custom filters applied to the child templates will be ignored.
- If the number of child records surpass the limits, you can select the child object template as the main template so that filters apply to it.