Copado Data Deploy Use Cases and Limits
Use Case Coverage
Copado Data Deploy is designed to cover data deployments in the DevOps lifecycle. This includes the following use cases:
- Deploy configuration records (e.g. CPQ, nCino, CloudSense, etc) with complex relationships between objects.
- Deploy test data sets to new sandboxes.
The following use cases are out of the scope of the Copado Data Deploy:
- Large data migrations. For this use case, consider ETL tools, such as Jitterbit.
- Data backups with emergency recovery. For this use case, consider data backup tools, such as OwnBackup.
- Unlimited creation of data template records.
- Unlimited execution of data template deployments*.
- Unlimited re-execution of data template deployments*.
*Subject to a fair usage policy.
Limits and Recommendations
- A data template deployment with one main object and no related objects can deploy up to 40,000 records.
- A data template deployment with one main object and many related objects can deploy up to 8,000 records of all the related objects:
- If this limit is being reached, you can split your deployment in different deployment steps until you migrate all the necessary records.
- You can match users between orgs through user lookup fields, but deploying users is out of the scope of Copado Data Deploy. To deploy users, you need to use the Users deployment step.