IntelliJ + Illuminated Cloud
Downloading the Source Code
- Make sure you have a .gitignore file in the root of your repository.
- IntelliJ --> Open. Create a folder for the project.
- Select the folder and click on ok.
- Go to VCS → Checkout from Version Control → Git.
- URL: Use your repository’s URI
- Directory: Use your directory and create a folder called src.
- Click on Clone:
- IntelliJ will ask you if you want to create a project in the directory. Click on Yes:
- Next, you will find two options, Create project from existing sources and Import project from external model. Select the first one and click on Next:
- Leave the next screen as it is and click on Next:
- IntelliJ will detect this is an Illuminated Cloud project. Click on Finish to complete the setup:
- Once the setup is completed, IntelliJ will ask you if you want to open the project in a new window or in the current window. Select Open in new window.
Connecting Your IDE with Your Salesforce Org
- The repository is cloned, so now you have to connect to your Salesforce developer org or sandox.
- Click on File → Project Structure. You will find an option named Problems, if you don’t see this, restart IntelliJ. The second problem is the important one:
- Click on Fix:
- Select your connection in the second column. If you haven’t specified a connection yet, click on the + sign to create a new one:
- After clicking on OK, IntelliJ may warn you that it will close and reopen. If this is the case, restart IDEA:
- First, it will ask you to convert the current project and back up old files. Click on Convert:
- If you see the warning below, click on Resolve:
- IntelliJ will set the src directory as root directory for the project:
- If It asks you to update the metadata subscriptions, go ahead and click on Yes.
- IntelliJ will ask to reload, so please click on Reload Project.
- If you get another warning, click on Resolve:
- Update the .gitignore file to exclude the .idea and the IlluminatedCloud.[OrgName]
You can now start using the Copado CLI!